Below is the main Privacy Statement for Robotics Fest Organization. There will be additional Privacy Statements that apply to other services connected with this site offered by Robotics Fest Organization. Please read these at the time you register or use these services. At Robotics Fest we collect different types of information about our visitors and compeition participants for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual visitors and competition participants.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer to you.
- To promote our sponsors' advertising on Robotics Fest websites.
- Only with the consent of each competition participants, to market our services to individuals.
Robotics Fest Principles
- Robotics Fest does our utmost to protect your privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
- We ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to protect your information.
- We ensure that when we use other services providers for any processes, these service providers also have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information.
- Robotics Fest respects your privacy. You should only receive marketing emails from Robotics Fest and/or from Robotics Fest preferred third parties which you have agreed to. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices. For example, by providing check boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive these offers in marketing. Robotics Fest may, however, email you occasionally with information or questions about your account.
- Robotics Fest will only collect and use your information where we have legitimate business reasons, and we are legally entitled to do so.
- Robotics Fest will be transparent about the information we will collect on you and how we will use your information.
- Robotics Fest will only use your information for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure any old information is securely disposed of.
- Robotics Fest is accessible via the internet. This means that any collected information can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
- If Robotics Fest or our service providers transfer your information outside of your country, or outside the European Economic Area (EEA), all protection required under the law shall remain in place.
How Robotics Fest May Use Your Information
Personal Information You Share With Us
“Personal Identifiable Information" is the information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and/or credit card number.
Robotics Fest collects Personal Information (PII) ONLY when you submit it to us, including when you register or subscribe for certain Thomson Robotics Fest products and services, complete a survey, or participate in a forum.
The Personal Identifiable Information (PII) that Robotics Fest collects is First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Screen Name, Street Address, Zip/Postal Code/Location, and Country. The only mandatory field above is email address when creating a Robotics Fest account.
We also ask optional profile questions that include, Investing Background, Risk Profile, Job Title, Job Function/Occupation, Industry, and no. of Staff/Company Size. None of which are required.
The Robotics Fest Loyalty Survey is another way we gather information about our users. This survey is only presented to registered users who have logged in 4 times during the last 30 days. The following questions will be presented to the user if they are selected, including what industry to do you work, what is your job title, and what size company do you work for. This survey helps us better understand our audience.
The minimum information we need to register a consumer is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services so we can gain a clearer understanding of our visitors and consumers. This also enables us to personalize services for our visitors and consumers.
Information we Automatically Collect
Robotics Fest automatically collects Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII) on all visitors and consumers interacting with our online services, including your IP address, browser type, operating geography, and pages visited.
If you access our Online Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device ("UDID").
This information is used to personalize your experience across all Robotics Fest platforms. It also allows us to display relevant content, services and advertising to the appropriate audience.
Robotics Fest use anonymous cookies for statistical purposes to track how many unique consumers we have and how often they visit the Robotics Fest sites. Robotics Fest collect data about which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of visitors and consumers from which countries.
Robotics Fest use registration cookies to track if registered consumers are logged in. This allows you to access services that require registration such as purchasing analyses or commenting on articles. You must enable Robotics Fest to place cookies on your computer to register and use services requiring registration.
Placing cookies on your computer means Robotics Fest may serve you advertisements possibly more interesting to you, and allows us to control the number of times you see advertisements and measure effectiveness of ad campaigns. Further information is available below in the Online Behavioural Advertising section, including how you can opt out of online behavioural advertising.
You can turn cookies off, but if you do this, you may not be able to use some services on the Robotics Fest site, and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won't be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will however still be able to view editorial content.